Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It always amazes me!

Ever have one of those days or time of the year, where you are in one of those pity poor me modes. Well I know I have. It is just part of the human condition sometimes you just get a bit blue. This time of year is a bit rough on me with Mothers Day having such a large meaning in my life.
So I have been in my little funk, just kinda had my life on cruise control, going about my daily routine. Not expecting much and not offering much. Well recently while playing tennis I met a wheelchair tennis player. I stood their watching him play. Maybe not the worlds greatest player, but putting his heart and soul into every point. As the points are played out I see him push as hard as he could to get to each ball. I see his determination not to give in but push one more time. Then I start to realize. Not only is he being competitive, but he is being competitive against able bodied people. I look over at his opponent and I see perspiration and desperation with each new rally. Wow, Amazing! This is how I met my friend Carl.
And now I am the person on the other side of the net. Running back and forth on the court. Pushing myself to my limits. Just so I can make sure that I can give him as much of a game as he is giving me. At the end of the day when we were both exhausted and shaking hands at the net. I came to realize. I am so truely blesed to have what I have, to have known who I know, and to have met who I have met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home